Tuesday, September 3, 2013

GTAC 2013 - A little late, but better late than never.

If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend anyone in testing spend at least a few minutes to check out GTAC. While I admit that GTAC doesn't apply so much to manual testers, I think the distinction between automation and manual testing is slowly phasing out. Even if that isn't the case, it is good to know what is going on in the world, particularly when you are looking at some of the best new ideas in test right now. I don't mean to be hyperbolic, but I really do believe that automation is slowly getting to the point of good and some of these guys are developing the systems large portions of the automation community use. If you have limited time, I would recommend: "Evolution from Quality Assurance to Test Engineering", "Testing for Educational Gaming and Educational Gaming for Testing" and "How Facebook Tests Facebook on Android".

GTAC Day 1 (Fast forwarded to 5:52 for start of talks):



GTAC Day 2 (Fast forwarded to 6:10 for start of talks):



Or if you don't want a 8 hour chunk of video, you can see it broken out per lecture:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65HLKomAPFI&feature=share&list=SPSIUOFhnxEiCODb8XQB-RUQ0RGNZ2yW7d

Full Disclosure: I have only finished day 1 and have yet to get to day 2, but I plan on finishing the videos as time permits.

No comments:

Post a Comment